‘Our core commitment is to education which enables individuals, institutions and learning communities to achieve their maximum potential.’
CfBT Education Services with its partner Education Development Trust has over fifty years experience in large scale education reform projects around the world, and we have been working in Oman for over 30 years. We exist to make a difference to the lives of learners in Oman, working with governments, schools and other partners, we strive to provide excellent education for all.
As a group, we have worked in more than 80 countries around the world on projects that range from reforming national level education, to improving the performance of individual schools. CfBT/EDT employs more than 2,300 staff worldwide whose mission is to improve education to enhance the lives of learners.
We have a particular commitment to supporting the education reform initiatives of the members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). We have operated continuously in the Gulf for more than 30 years and are proud to be able to include agencies of every GCC government among our portfolio of work. We also work extensively in the wider Middle East and North Africa region, primarily on projects driving education system reform. Highlights of our work include:
- Supporting the development of the Specialised Centre for Professional Training of Teachers – Oman
- Working in partnership to deliver many large-scale projects, including establishing inspection systems and training teachers and school leaders – United Arab Emirates
- A training programme for new teachers on behalf of Tatweer – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Designing a national curriculum framework and associated training programmes – Qatar
- Developing review methodologies and providing training and skills transfer – Bahrain
- Supporting vocational institutions to raise training and skills standards – Egypt
- Working in partnership with the Ministry of Education and UNICEF on comprehensive education reform – Libya